Media Relations Assistant
MEDIA RELATIONS INTERN
SUPERVISOR(S): Kalister Banks, Director of Marketing
Zenzele Consignment is an economic institution and fundraiser for the non-profit, the All African People’s Development & Empowerment Project, building dynamic do-for-self agriculture, health care and educational programs in Africa and African communities around the world.
Media Relations Intern works under the supervision of the Director of Information and Education and the local Marketing Director.
- Compose and edit press releases, company literature, and articles for internal and external use
- Cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships within the press and publicity community.
- Gather and disseminate timely information to press and staff.
- Plan and oversee press events.
- Assemble press kits.
- Major in public relations, journalism, communication, or related field
- Strong interest in community development
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to take initiative and motivation to seek new learning opportunities
- Keen attention to detail when proofreading, copyediting, and fact-checking
- Flexibility and a good sense of humor
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Desktop publishing, HTML, and related computer skills
- Good research ability and command of the Internet
- Public relations experience or abilities
Time commitment will vary based on need. Volunteers should plan to commit to a minimum of 10 hours a month.
- Discounts of 10% on in-store items
- Work experience to add to resume, new skills, networking.
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are helping to ensure self-determination and empowerment for African communities.
WHAT TO SUBMIT:
(3)Completed Zenzele Volunteer/Intern Application
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org