SUPERVISOR(S): Kalister Banks
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Zenzele Consignment is an economic institution and fundraiser for the non-profit, the All African People’s Development & Empowerment Project, building dynamic do-for-self agriculture, health care and educational programs in Africa and African communities around the world.
Zenzele seeks a Huntsville, Alabama based intern who will work closely with our local and national marketing directors to conduct community outreach activities including the distribution of promotional flyers at community events, postering, distributing promotional door hangers, etc.
- Work with Zenzele Marketing Director to enhance and implement an encompassing marketing and promotions plan including fliers, social media, web, promotional items
- Establish and coordinate Zenzele presence in the Huntsville area college campuses, including in-person tabling and creative marketing avenues
- Manage Zenzele Facebook , Instagram & Pinterest accounts using set standards
- Uphold branding standards
- Explore and propose updates/enhancements and new options for meeting Zenzele’s goals via advertising
- Coordinate or partner with others to lead at least one student event
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop & InDesign Illustrator specifically) & Microsoft Office applications
- Advertising/marketing experience or strong desire to learn; creative and functional design experience (preferred)
- Quality verbal communication (small and large group settings) and written communication (web, email, letters)
- Balance of a professional attitude while having fun
- The ability to work closely with a diverse group of volunteers
- Moderate physical activity
Time commitment can vary. Intern should plan to commit a minimum of 10 hours a month.
- Discounts of 10% on in-store items
- Work experience to add to resume, new skills, networking
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are supporting genuine development in Africa and African communities around the world.
WHAT TO SUBMIT:
(3)Completed Zenzele Volunteer/Intern Application
Send to: email@example.com