Intern Position: FASHION ASSISTANT/ STYLIST INTERN
SUPERVISOR(S): Dr. Aisha Fields
Zenzele Consignment is an economic institution and fundraiser for the non-profit, the All African People’s Development & Empowerment Project (AADPEP), building dynamic do-for-self agriculture, health care and educational programs in Africa and African communities around the world.
Zenzele has an opening for a Huntsville, Alabama based fashion assistant/stylist intern. This intern will work closely with Zenzele stylists and marketing team to create cutting edge looks for Zenzele’s social media, fashion blog and print promotional materials.
- Create cutting edge looks for Zenzele photoshoots
- Recruit models
- Research fashion trends for blog writing
- Develop content for social media pages (Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest)
- Establish relationships with designers in an effort to improve variety of Zenzele inventory
- Other duties as assigned
- Passionate about styling and eager to learn new skills
- Strong communication, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize projects and multitask
- Detail oriented
- Creative thinker
Time commitment can vary. Intern should plan to commit a minimum of 10 hours a month.
- Discounts of 10% on in-store items
- Work experience to add to resume, new skills, networking
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are supporting genuine development in Africa and African communities around the world.
WHAT TO SUBMIT:
(1) Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) Styling Concept Board (8.5 X 11 PDF)
- Put together a concept board featuring tears of images (styling, editorial, etc.) that you find aspirational for the Zenzele Consignment creative styling direction.
- You may use visuals from blogs, Instagram, magazines, etc. to show your point of view but be sure to think like a Stylist when pulling your aspirational tears.
- This is the creative part of the application so have fun with it, there are no major guidelines!
(3) Completed Zenzele Volunteer/Intern Application