Community Fundraising Intern
COMMUNITY FUNDRAISER INTERN
SUPERVISOR(S): Dr. Aisha Fields
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Zenzele Consignment is an economic institution and fundraiser for the non-profit, the All African People’s Development & Empowerment Project (AADPEP), building dynamic do-for-self agriculture, health care and educational programs in Africa and African communities around the world.
Zenzele has an opening for a Huntsville, Alabama based intern whose primary responsibility will be to organize fundraising activities including promotional events, community speaking engagements, door to door and street collections.
The Fundraiser Intern will help to recruit and coordinate the work of other fundraising volunteers, approach individuals, schools, universities, local authorities, shops and commercial organizations for sponsorship and donations and develop new fundraising ideas and events.
- Strong communication skills both orally and in writing
- Basic computer skills
- Well organized
- Basic administrative skills
- Creative thinking
- Effective problem solving
Time commitment can vary. Intern should plan to commit a minimum of 10 hours a month.
- Discounts of 10% on in-store items
- Work experience to add to resume, new skills, networking
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are supporting genuine development in Africa and African communities around the world.
WHAT TO SUBMIT:
- Cover letter
- Completed Zenzele Volunteer/Intern Application
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org