Month-Long Fundraiser Grosses $8800
December 31st marked the last official day of our month-long fundraiser to get the money needed to open our store location in March 2016. Although we didn’t reach our 31-day goal of $12,000 we are moving forward with opening the store. We were able to raise $8800 through a combination of donations from our supporters and local fundraisers. We will continue to raise the rest of the money and plan to keep the GoFundMe active for another month.
Because of the support from the community and the Uhuru Movement, Zenzele Consignment will be a reality.
Follow us on Facebook and continue to check back here for updates on the store and amazing fashion inspiration, on a budget.
Special thanks goes to:
Continue to Support
Our goal is to open a consignment store, Zenzele Consignment, in March 2016 in Huntsville, Alabama. Once open, Zenzele Consignment will be the primary economic development initiative of the All African People’s Development & Empowerment Project (AAPDEP). It will help AAPDEP fund self-reliance development projects in African communities all over the world.
What we need the money for:
- Step #1: Sign lease for location in January (first, last, deposit) $5000
- Step #2: Pay for 3 months utilities $500
- Step #3: Renovate Location $2500
- Step #4: Furnish location $1500
- Step #5: Get inventory supplies (shopping bags, price guns, hangers, computer) $580
- Step #6: Pay part time salary for 2 employees (2 months) $1920