DIY Rhinestones Under Your Nails!
Here’s a new trend for rhinestones, and remember you found it here first if you haven’t seen it before! Two sides of nails, one side a normal color, the underside filled with rhinestones! These are good for jobs where you have to wear plain nails every day but the dress code is not that strict. Or, you can choose a more intricate design on the front and have rhinestones on the underside to give it an extra bling.
What you will need:
- Long nails
- Nail polish of your choice for the top side of your nail (I used dark purple for mine)
- A second nail polish color of your choice for the underside of your nail (I chose white for this one)
- A clear nail polish, preferably one marked “professional” since these dry faster.
- Rhinestones of your choice in any color you want, preferably very small. (You can find these online for $1 or at a beauty supply store for about $3)
- A tweezer and/or a wax pencil to apply the rhinestones with (get these from auction sites or a beauty supply for cheap)
- A lot of patience
- Paper towels/newspaper in case nail polish ends up on surfaces other than your nail.
Step 1: (Best if done the night before)
Paint the top side of your nails any color you want. Clean up the edges with nail polish remover or peel it off your cuticles, if you’re a messy painter.
Paint the underside of your nails a different color of your choice. I would suggest doing one at a time instead of all at once like this picture. You don’t want the nail polish to dry before you put the rhinestones.
Place the rhinestones with your tweezer or wax pencil carefully along the underside of your nail, starting from where your nail meets your finger and moving upwards. This way will be the fastest and leave the least gaps.
When the underside of the nail is full of rhinestones, cover it with a coat of clear professional nail polish. You don’t have to use professional nail polish, but this type will dry faster and keep the rhinestones on for longer.
Repeat steps 2-4 until you have rhinestones on the underside of all your nails.