Local Fundraising Coordinator
LOCAL FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR (VOLUNTEER/INTERN)
SUPERVISOR: Funding Director
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Zenzele Consignment is an economic institution and fundraiser for the non-profit, the All African People’s Development & Empowerment Project, building dynamic do-for-self agriculture, health care and educational programs in Africa and African communities around the world.
Zenzele seeks a Huntsville, Alabama based volunteer who will help to organize traditional fundraising activities such as promotional events, raffles, house-to-house and street collections.
Fundraiser will help to recruit and coordinate the work of other fundraising volunteers, approaching individuals, schools, universities, local authorities, shops and commercial organizations for sponsorship and donations and develop new fundraising ideas and events.
- Sales and negotiation abilities
- Communication skills
- Good organization
- Administrative skills
- Creative thinking
- Effective problem solving
Time commitment will vary. Volunteer should plan to commit 6-10 hours a month.
Training includes meeting by phone and in person to provide an overview of the goals and objectives of Zenzele Consignment. Training on various outreach methods will also be provided.
- Discounts of 10% on ZenzeleConsignment.com and in-store items
- Work experience to add to resume, new skills, networking
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are supporting genuine development in Africa and African communities around the world.